As The Senior Vice President of Sales, I have the primary responsibility of delivering the right revenues; be that defined as a hard number, growth target, profit target and/or a market share goal. Also responsible for: recruiting, backfilling and helping the sales team, building the sales strategy, devising sales tactics, and creating and selling deals myself.
• Aligned sales objectives with business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
• Redesigned sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
• Meeting targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives.
• Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization, and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent.
• Established and governs the sales organization's performance management system, guiding sales organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical performance measurement.
• Lead sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.